Armg 7 July 2008

ARROW Repository Managers Group Meeting - Teleconference

Monday 7th July 2008

AGENDA

Teleconference starts 2pm prompt. See guide for accessing meeting.

  1. Welcome. (Chair: ARROW Central, Minute Taker: Murdoch University)
  2. Apologies:
  3. Previous minutes:
  4. ACTION items from previous minutes
    • HERDC member to report on the new src:class codes implications (Tom R)
    • Angela will develop some pages according to different access levels and they can be demonstrated at this meeting. (Angela)
    • Update on load testing and installation of new version from VTLS. (David G)
    • Swinburne will circulate the result of their testing and any further information from VTLS. (Rebecca)
  5. ARROW Project Managers Report
  6. HERDC Report on progress and deliverables (HERDC minute taker)
    • Investigate what export and import has been achieved with VITAL or Fedora?
  7. MACAR Report (Tom Ruthven and Katie Blake)Request for feedback on Resources vocabulary
  8. Customer Service Report (An opportunity for partners to verbally report to ARROW Central and the community on their experiences, 'good, bad and otherwise', with VTLS' Customer Support)
    • Reporting of problems with Customer Service
  9. Issues arising from Implementation Table
  10. Other business.
    • RME/ARROW Interface update (Fiona B)
  11. Next Meeting: Date: 07/07/2008 (Chair: ARROW Central. Minute taker: QUT)

WEBEX DEMONSTRATION

At 2.45 there will be a demonstration by Joanne Croucher, from UNSW. She will demonstrate the use of a script for presenting nicely formatted citations on author pages, direct from Fedora. This is not the same as using VITAL's NLM format for citations, so allows for more flexibility.

MINUTES

  1. Welcome (Chair: ARROW Central, Minute Taker: Murdoch University)
  2. Apologies: Andrew Harrison (Monash). Vicki Picasso (University of Newcastle). Elke Dawson (CQU). Tom Ruthven (UNSW)
  3. Previous minutes: Accepted without change
  4. ACTION items from previous minutes
    • HERDC member to report on the new src:class codes implications (Tom R)
      • No report. Tom R. absent
    • Angela will develop some pages according to different access levels to be demonstrated at meeting
      • Ongoing
    • Update on load testing and installation of new version from VTLS (David G)
      • Ongoing load testing discussions have been continued with VTLS. Problems were identified with the database used at ARROW for testing. Now ready to commence load testing once access to the software is arranged. Contact with VTLS has been impaired by time zone differences. The implication for repository managers is that versions 3.4 and 4.0 will be held up until the load testing is complete
    • Swinburne will circulate the result of their testing and any further information from VTLS (Rebecca)
      • Stats were removed which initially improved things, but there were other crashing problems relating to multiple admin users
      • A problem PDF was blocking indexing. This worked in other software. The deletion of a particular graphic solved the problem. Corruption possibly occurred at the scanning stage. VTLS had the ID for the problem PDF ACTION: Rebecca will respond to the Google group once Swinburne identifies how the file tripped the system up
  5. ARROW Project Managers Report including response from VTLS on telephone customer service (David G.)
    • Thanks extended to university librarians who reported on the Community Strategies document. There was no unanimous answer, but a document will be formulated shortly
    • An invitation to the Development Day has been sent to some people from ARMG. The focus of the day is to work on VALET improvements. A date and venue have been arranged. It was requested that suggestions for improvements to VALET be posted to the Google group
    • The Community Day (October): this will consist of planning workshops for general repository managers with an emphasis on the future direction of repositories. An agenda will be sent out shortly. ARROW will fund flights, accommodation, etc.
    • Neil and David will attend the VTLS European Users group meeting in September. Any comments that people would like taken to this meeting are to be posted on to the Google group
  6. HERDC Report on progress and deliverables (Jenny)
    • Whether or not to put in a case study is still being decided upon
    • Import / export options on Fedora are being followed up (Tom). The final report is due at the end of July
  7. MACAR Report – request for feedback on resources vocabulary (Katie Blake)
    • Feedback to MACAR on Resource type vocabulary was requested. Of the 3 responses received the importance of consistent vocabulary was reinforced. Katie called for more responses. These will be posted on the MACAR wiki (Katie) ACTION: All repository managers to respond to survey
  8. Customer Service Report (an opportunity for partners to verbally report to ARROW Central and the community on their experiences with VTLS’ Customer Support)
    • Prashant has been waiting 3-4 weeks for a VTLS response
  9. Issues arising from the Implementation Table
    • None
  10. RME/ARROW Interface update (Fiona B.)
    • Research Master is working with UniSA as a tester, on areas such as the interface, and is making changes. There has been some new understanding on the way that the objects need to be ingested into Fedora. Testing is continuing at UniSA.
    • Prashant will ask if it is possible to dump all tables of RM metadata into Fedora, so that these can be used as required by the individual repositories.
    • Michael Wood reported that Latrobe has version 5.2.0 of RMEWeb, which indicates that the ARROW linkage is now available, although Michael is yet to see this in action.
  11. Next Meeting: Date: 04/08/2008. Chair: ARROW Central. Minute taker: Queensland University of Technology

Meeting closed at 12.45 pm.


[ARMG page|ARROWRepositoryManagersGroup]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License